A lot of new food trends have roots in the past. We are digging back to the ways of our ancestors who lived a healthy and happy life. These foods which have gone out of our everyday lives is slowly finding its way back. And the most substantial reason for this is how beneficial these are to our overall health and wellness. Among the various foods that have entered our mainstream lives is cannabis or hemp seeds.
Cannabis is among the most popular plants that went from being an integral part of health and medicine in the past to the title of a scheduled drug. Up until a few years ago, the plant was socially and legally unacceptable, and the real benefits of it were yet to come to light. But today the legalization trend is catching up in various parts of the world. Technology has made it possible to mail order marijuana at your doorstep. Scientists are more geared up than ever to understand the multiple benefits potential from every part of the plant. The recent years have seen a lot of clinical trials and studies about various components of cannabis and its use to humanity. Among these is the medicinal and health benefits of cannabis or hemp seeds that are an excellent source of nutrition for good health. Here are a few therapeutic benefits you can derive from hemp seeds.
1. It can give you glowing skin and relief from various skin ailments: Skin problems are tricky to solve. Even the slightest damage takes a long time to heal, and any medication you choose needs to account for the fact that your skin is extremely sensitive and prone to damage from harsh chemicals. Also, more often than known, skin problems are a reflection of internal deficiency and bad health. Hemp seeds could be your way of compensating for this deficiency and achieving gorgeous skin texture and glow. Hemp seeds house high amounts of fatty acids that restore hydration and oil to your skin to keep it looking flawless. Also, these fatty acids help relieve symptoms of skin ailments such as eczema and dermatitis.
2. It can improve digestion and help through digestive disorders: Cannabis seeds are an effective way of relieving from digestive disorders. These seeds contain both soluble as well as insoluble fibre. While the soluble fibre slows down digestion and helps you feel full for long, the insoluble fibre does not dissolve and hence makes a great addition for healthy stool. It helps the food to travel through the food track seamlessly, thus bringing good health. Consuming a spoonful of raw cannabis seeds first thing in the morning can help you with better bowel movements and help you with digestive disorders such as constipation. You can explore Ontario cannabis dispensaries to purchase high-quality cannabis seeds and infused products.
3. It can enhance your heart health: Omega -3 is among the most celebrated nutrients of all. It is essential for good heart and skin health. There are very few sources of Omega-3, and hemp seeds are the richest vegan source of this nutrient. This effect helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and arrhythmias and improves overall heart health. Apart from Omega -3, hemp seeds are also rich in Omega-6, and the two are present in the perfect ratio. These seeds also contain arginine, which is an amino acid that turns into nitric oxide. The nitric acid in our body regulates the blood flow in the blood vessels by making the walls smooth and elastic, and also essential for vein and artery dilation. This way, hemp seeds can improve your heart health.
4. It can help reduce pain and inflammation: Pain and inflammation medications are useful for problems such as joint pain, muscle pain, or chronic conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis. Pain medication often comes with a risk of addiction. Also, medication for inflammation may not be effective for long durations. Hemp seeds are brimming with GLA or gamma-linolenic acid, which is a polyunsaturated acid useful for treating inflammation. Studies conducted on animals helps prove this effect is possible in humans too.
5. It can help cope with symptoms of PMS and Menopause: More than 80% of women across the world suffer from premenstrual syndrome or PMS. These symptoms are the effects of prolactin, a hormone found in our body. GLA present in hemp seeds is helpful to reduce the effects of prolactin, by producing a counter known as prostaglandin E1. A study exposed women to a regular dose of 1 gram essential fatty acids with about 210 mg of GLA included. The results showed that the subjects show less PMS symptoms. This type of effect can be useful for women going through menopause also. Irritability, fluid retention, breast pain, hot flashes, depression, are common problems faced by women in their menopause stage, and GLA from hemp seeds can help overcome these problems.
How to include cannabis seeds in your diet?
Cannabis seeds have a nutty flavour which is easy to slip into anything you eat. You can sprinkle it on your salad or cereal, mix it with your smoothie or juice and prepare simple recipes using it with a combination of healthy vegetables to make it a regular part of your diet. The seeds are easy to add to your regular meals without clashing with the existing flavors. There are high-quality marijuana seeds for sale available in legalized regions that can give you amazing health benefits.
Hemp is slowly catching up in the west as a source of vegan nutrition. Hemp-based drinks and infused food products are reaching markets and have received great interest from people all over the world. The seeds contain high-quality protein and several minerals, that can help improve your health. Include this superfood in your diet to experience, which can be a medicine for every day.