Again it seems that the Autonomous Communities within their competencies, took the plunge for the regularization and normalization of Associations and the Clubs of cannabis users. In particular the Parliament of Catalonia ratified last January 2015 its recommendations with a view to an early regulation of cannabis clubs, at the request of the Commission of Health, approving 17 “sanitary” recommendations , for the municipalities, to regulate and standardize these partnerships activities, more than 400 alone in this community.
Prior to the completion of the requirements, the resolution adopted by the Parliament on a proposal from the Health Commission, refers to and recognizes the existence of Cannabis Club, saying that it is a non-profit association where cannabis is auto-provided and distributed among its members, all seniors, consumed in a private setting for leisure or therapeutic reasons. But above all it is important the recognition that these associations help and contribute to the reduction of associated health damage on the black market and certain uses of cannabis.
All this work of concretion and determination by the Catalan Health Department is in its efforts to regulate the cannabis clubs for users, one of its priorities in the last days in spite of the obstacles of the Department of Interiors. They have been approved by Parliament and published in the Official Journal of the Municipality of Catalonia the following 17 recommendations set out below.
1. Minimum Age for access; 18 years.
2. Be consumer or habitual consumer of cannabis
3. Do not become a partner or member of any other association.
4. Exclusive access to facilities for the members of the club.
5. Existence of measures to control the access in to the club.
6. Offers information services and professionalized advisory in the risk reduction to the members, as well as early detection, monitoring and derivation of problematic use of cannabis.
7.Formation in reducing risks and harms associated with cannabis for those responsible for the dispensary in the associations and guarantees an annual minimum training.
8. Prohibition of use of other drugs or alcoholic beverages within clubs.
9. Prohibition of sale or commercialization of any good or consumable product.
10. Sanitation premises in accordance with the current regulations, as well as in areas of consumption.
11. Waiting period of 15 days from the registration of a partner in a partnership.
12. Having the support (recommendation) of another member of the association.
13. Time Limitation: Can not open more then 8 hours a day and is set to limit closing time 22:00, and on Fridays and Saturdays, 24:00.
14. Limitation of its location with the definition of a minimum distance between the social clubs and between the clubs and schools and health services.
15. Limitation of all types of advertising of the associations and their establishments, premises or clubs, and activities to promote the consumption of cannabis by members of associations or through posters, or signs or any publicity either media on paper or electronic.
16. Respect the environmental legislation and in particular that has to go with rest of the neighbors.
17. Registration in the municipal register of associations of people who consume cannabis and the corresponding registration section of the Register of Associations of the Generality.
All this, to be structured so finally, would not only help the regularization and normalization of cannabis clubs, but the creation, together with them, the clubs, a few organizations that definitely help and assist the setting up and implementation of new drug policy has nothing to do with the previous one and hopefully get the expected objectives, reducing illicit market and the reduction and normalization of cannabis exclusively to members.
In this case in Catalonia seems that the common rule is respected, be 18 years, in other cases access to these associations and their clubs is delayed until age 21. The distance between clubs and centers or places where there may be groups of vulnerable people, prohibiting the sale of other substances in the associations and social clubs, and also to establish the conditions for exercising their activity conform municipalities of Catalonia.
And finally, a mention corresponding to the last of the requirements, because if it is true that through a municipal registry of cannabis, it could have manifest proof of previous consumer who is and who is not.
Another criteria to function is that the members are performing a collective self-cultivation sharing agreement so that the amounts corresponding to a projected collective consumption, considering the amount of cannabis consumed each user individually.
An upper limit of consumption per user around 60 grams per person per month, which may not apply in exceptional cases.
There is no profit.
The association itself produce cannabis destined to its members, without resorting to the black market.
All of these conditions have been self-imposed since the limits of action are still not defined.
Source: Cannabis Magazine and http://www.fac.cc